Thursday, February 5, 2009

Not Easily Broken


Amidst all the wonderful films that are Academy Award Nominees, there is a little film called Not Easily Broken. I have to admit when I saw the previews I was not running to the theaters to see it. A little restless on a Thursday night, after a great day at work, I was not ready to go home. Curious, with low expectations I took a chance. I left the theatre blown away, feeling set free, and bleary eyed from a good strong cry. If you are a strong, independently minded, woman trying to have a relationship built on solid rock see this movie. Most of my friends, like me did not grow up in a household with two parents who were madly in love with one another. As my relationship with my GOOD Black Man continues I am realizing there are just a lot of things that I lack in confidence because I didn't grow up with parents who focused on each other. They focused on ME and my brother. Slowly I am realizing that even though I may not come already knowing how to love a man properly, God can show me the way. Whew...

1 comment:

Revolutionary said...

I'm 22 years old and this is the best movie I've ever seen in my life. I say that because of the rich enhancement of positive reinforcement on not just BLACK men but Men in general. These days, I go into a bookstore and want to cry because of all the black authors that write such trash about how men are cheaters, gay and just everything else but decent. You can't even hardly recall a movie within the past 10 years (excluding the cliche' Madea movies or stories of Barack Obama) that focuses on the ministry of marriage between a black couple. And the man be a honest, strong, good man, black at that. So, this movie for me was inspiration as well as hope that someone, at least T.D Jakes and myself, wish to pour out there stories, movies, music, etc of black men who are good, who work hard, who have to deal with life's challenges, and just want to be a good father and have kids someday and actually raise them, and teach them.