Sunday, April 11, 2010

Jumping the Broom Vol. 3-Getting to the Good Part



Hashim and I have exactly two months before our big day now. All that's left to decide on is the flowers, cake... and a million other little (but really really important) tasks!
But, finally, I feel like we're getting to the good part. The ups and downs of planning this ceremony and reception have brought Hashim and I so much closer. We laughed so hard together and even shed a few tears but as we knock down the ceremony details we can focus more on planning what our marriage will be like. It's my favorite part.
We started marriage counseling with a loving married couple at our church and its been so much fun. So far our first two meetings have really opened our eyes to the possibilities of what an incredible opportunity we have. I believe in my heart that God made me specifically for Hashim and that together we will be a powerful force of love in this world. Breaking down our understanding of marriage based on society, movies and couples around us and really honing in on God's design of what marriage is really supposed be; fun, exciting, sacrificial, beautifully intimate, spiritually focused. It's so refreshing to learn what God's original plan for it is supposed to be. It's way better that what we could ever hope for watching "Why Did I Get Married, Too?".

The closer I draw near to God the more excited I feel about the wedding and our marriage. I am looking forward all the really fun activities that are coming up and most of all to every day and night beyond June 12 that I get to spend with the love of my life!

No comments: