Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jumping the Broom Vol. 4-Our Wedding Shower



Last Saturday some of our wonderful friends and family gathered here in Harlem to shower us with gifts which will help us establish our new home. It was so lovely to see faces of loved ones. From the festive Hollywood style decor, to the wonderful food, (delicious Thai and Cake Man Raven Red Velvet!!!) we felt so overwhelmingly loved. My favorite part of evening was the games we played. Hashim and I were tested on our knowledge of each other and we did great! I am so thankful for everyone who was there and I cannot wait to see everyone at the wedding. My Matron of Honor and Hashim's Best Man gave their whole hearts in planning the event and it was a moment we will never forget.

We've finally booked all of our main vendors and we are working hard to keep calm and and carry on.
Even though we try to deal with our stress on the conscious level, I know that I need to stay constantly in prayer to deal with the stress in the subconscious which my body lets me know by all kinds of things such as eye twitching, headaches, and all kinds of other things you don't want to know about.

Our marriage counseling has taught us so much about God's plan for our lives. We still have much to learn over the course of the next few weeks (YES! WEEKS!!!). It's time to begin the countdown...44 Days!

No comments: