Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm Changing...


On my way home today I was doing a mental self check in and discovered that in someways I'm totally different than I was a few months, ago, or even last year. It's like the time in college when my Mom and I were at a new mall and she exclaimed, "Look they have your favorite store, Claire's." I had to reply, "Mom, I haven't gone in Claire's since I was like in 9th or 10th grade."
Please keep in mind, I have no judgements to anyone's favorite things, this is just a personal self-check in. I'm sure that next year it will be totally different all over again. So here's my new lists.

THINGS I'M OVER:
Eating at McDonald's
Going to the movies when I'm bored
Starbucks
American Apparel
My Space (save for my DJ Phoenix account)
Violent loveless television shows

THINGS I'M ALMOST OVER:
Dunkin' Donuts( bagels, sweet tea, munchkins)
Cheese
Eggs (unless they are cage free organic)
Eating too much
Needing to wear something different every day
Processed sugar
Tolerance of clutter
IHOP
Putting things off until later

THINGS I'M GETTING INTO:
Soulful House Music
Eating fruit and vegtables every single day
Taking dance technique class regularly
Cooking as many meals as possible
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Granola
Greek Yogurt


THINGS I'M STILL INTO:
Funky Natural Hair Styles
Amazing heels
Fashion and Home decor mags
Singing, Dancing, Acting, Writing, DJing
Riding my bike whenever possible
Playing in the park
Picnics
Summertime!
Netflix movies
Watching tv online
Collecting arty postcards
Hanging out whenever possible


What's on your list? I would love to hear it!

No comments: