Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguratin'/Dream Fulfilled?


This morning I woke up at my Mom's apartment in Maryland. She asked, do think Barak Obama is Martin Luther King Jr.'s Dream fulfilled?
Ever since election day I've felt like the scales have fallen off my eyes. Yesterday at the concert down on The Mall I was reminded again of our countries overwhelming support of this Black man and his family, the next leader of our country. All kinds of people were rocking out every race, class, color you can imagine. I believe at least a few parts of the Dream are. I mean once upon a time, just one generation or so ago Blacks and Whites in the south couldn't even eat lunch together. Now we can, and we do. Do I think we still have a long way to go in the order of race relations? Yes. Is the Obama presidency the end to racism? No. I believe it's the beginning of healing and a light shining into a new horizon. The pathway to a new territory that's up to us to govern. This is the New World....

No comments: