Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hello 2009...

First and foremost I am proud to report that my family gave charitably big time this past Christmas. Between myself, my mother and my brother we gave to:
Hope Worldwide
Smith College
Spelman College
Thirteen PBS
and Habitat for Humanity

Way to go Houstons!

As I enter this year I am hoping for some life changing events. Most of all I am hoping that I will continue to examine humility in my never ending quest of minding the gap between who I am today and who I want to be. Over the holidays I realized that I'd like to grow in kindness and acceptance.
Kindness is something that God values but the world often equates with weak, dull, unoriginal and unintelligent. I am wondering how I can be more like Jesus in this way and still be myself. I invite you all to take this journey of self discovery with me. Here's to a year of INFINITE POSSIBILITY. Cheers!

Jeremiah 9:23-25 (New International Version)

23 This is what the LORD says:
"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
or the strong man boast of his strength
or the rich man boast of his riches,

24 but let him who boasts boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,"
declares the LORD.

No comments: