Sunday, September 13, 2009

Big Black Women Are Scary

Oh Serena....I am sure you've already gotten enough flack about this one but I'm so disappointed. Unfortunately as black women, we don't have the luxury of ever loosing our cool. You can't BE human. You can't get upset in public and especially not at the US Open. If you don't know this by now let me remind you that people are TERRIFIED of you. I've had three separate conversations with close friends and strangers who all happened to be white who describe you as some kind of mythical animal like creature. Meanwhile, I am wishing they would just appreciate your beauty and your talent. Sure every one deserves to be able to express the full range of human emotion at times but not you Serena. You are a big, black woman. And people shudder in your presence. So please, put on your mask and just be a pretty lady who plays tennis...do it for all black women. Please?

No comments: