Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm Getting Married!


Per request from my loving friends I've decided to let all you in on the behind the scenes...I hope I don't say anything that I'll regret but here's to 2010 and taking risks!

God has blessed Hashim and I tremendously with our wedding process! Hashim has definitely set the tone with his perfect proposal. We have tried to be organized and worked really hard in the beginning so that we can chill later. The checklist on The Knot website is so intimidating...Before we even started planning according to our wedding date we were behind schedule on 100 items and we have like 298 items to go! It's January 29, and we have 133 days to go. So far we've got the venue booked, my dress and shoes, a make-up artist, awesome DJ for the reception and after 5 or 6 debates we've finally decided that Eggplant and Raspberry are the colors. We're going to St. Lucia for the honeymoon and all we need now is plane tickets and Hashim's passport. The website is up, the registries are almost done. Who knew how difficult it would be to pick out 300+gifts! Sometimes I feel like its so far away but I know it's just around the corner.
Last week we started to talking about what the culture of our family would be like. Stuff like will we eat breakfast together every morning or wait up for each other to go to sleep at night. I am so excited by the fact that we get to set the standard and the values for our family. It makes me realize we have so much to learn!

No comments: