Thursday, December 11, 2008

Enjoy Every Moment...


I know I am so late on this but I finally saw The Diving Bell and The Butterfly via the miracle of Netflix. I was blown away by the whole thing. (Selfishly, it's a great movie to watch if you're learning French), but just the simple idea of one day you're living your life as a successful editor of Elle Magazine and the next minute, without anyone crashing into you, or any seemingly risky circumstances you could be unable to move except to blink your eye. I know that I am particularly blessed because not only do I have full facility of my limbs but I am also a professional dancer. I am aware of how one flaw, even something temporary such as scab on my knee or ankle, a cut on my finger, any little thing can throw off my body from being at its top function for dance. Sometimes I wonder what I will be like when I'm old. I try not to push past the little old hunch backed ladies in the subways because I recognize that could be me one of these days. I'm pushing my my body to the max and sometimes I feel like I have the knees of a 60 year old at 27. But just driving down the road one day and boom paralyzed completely?! I hope I can stay in this humble moment I feel of sheer gratefulness on a regular basis...I am beautiful and richly lavished with blessings...

No comments: